Monday, April 4, 2011

It is time!

After much prompting by the Holy Spirit, and equally disputing on my part, I am going to attempt the commitment of waking up (incredibly) early weekday mornings. Early like 4:30 -5:00 am, early. I'm not sleeping anyway so I may as well be up. My argument has always been that I REALLY want to be sleeping and perhaps that extra hour and a half lying my head on my pillow will somehow make a difference in my day. In the five months that I've had insomnia, it hasn't made a difference. God wins. I'll start getting up early.

My time in the wee hours before the little ones are up and before I need to get ready for work is going to be time to focus on self discipline. I want to read, exercise and pray. I have hidden the scale, taken down the bikini I had hanging in the bedroom to remind (taunt) me of my goals. A bikini I won't wear anywhere in public anyways, for the sheer fact that I am mom and I am choosing to rebel against the bikini revolution and join my fellow tankini friends! I am on a journey of self discipline to bring me closer to God and I have a feeling that all of my other issues will subside in the process.

Today is day one and when I feel ever so inclined, I'll update my blog so I can look back and see how much I've grown with God's grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment