Monday, January 18, 2010

Alas!

So, I have been secretly wanting to start a blog to invest some time into recording our family's day-to-day lives. As long as I can remember I've had the ambition to write. Now I have a cheesey excuse to do just that, so here I am!

After spending the last five months student teaching full time, I cannot describe how great it feels to be home with my kids! I WANT to be the one to care for them, and I WANT to be the one to clean my house, do our laundry and prepare our meals. I WANT to be the one to nurture my family. I am not sure how long this will last, but for now I am enjoying every day that I am home! I am finding joy in the least expected places, such as the laundry room! I am coaxing myself into relaxing and spending time with our children, not just entertaining them long enough to accomplish my next task. I am very "busy bodied" and learning to play has been enriching for us all.

I never saw myself being a "blogger" or finding joy in the laundry room for that matter. In fact, it urks me a little just to type it out because part of me says 'how ridiculous can you get old lady!'. But then the other part of me, the part that is always being refined, open to what the Lord has in store for me and free of all concern of ridicule, reminds me that I have been oh so very blessed and denying those blessings, denying sharing the changes that have happened inside of me, would be denying the Lord Himself and the great works He has done!

"Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:5-7

So I encourage you to find contentness in whatever your daily requirements. Have a great day, you know where I'll be...that's right, doing housework with a smile on my face!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have one now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, girl! I am so glad that you are enjoying your family and being right where God has you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Becka Lou. I just don't spend enough time on-line to read these fun things. I'm proud of you, and am glad you are slowing down and enjoying the kids. They are the joy of my life too!!!!
    Love Grammy Stacey

    ReplyDelete